Did you know that the appearance of your sclera (the white part of your eyes) can age you just as much as the appearance of your skin? Red, sun-damaged, and dry eyes can make you appear tired and aged. Take these steps to support your ophthalmic health:
- Use over-the-counter moisturizing eye drops at least twice daily and up to once an hour when working continuously on a computer or in strong sun or wind.
- Wear polarized sunglasses to protect your eyes from ultraviolet radiation and blue light.
- Eat well. A diet rich in antioxidants (such as lycopene and lutein) and omega-3 fatty acids will help protect your eyes from the inside.
- Avoid smoking and avoid second-hand smoke.
- If you have high blood pressure, make sure it is under control!
Posted on Mon, October 2, 2017
by Heidi Gilchrist