Muhammara is a traditional Middle Eastern spread made of roasted bell peppers and ground walnuts. Add it to your repertoire for a summer party vegan dip. My version is adapted from Chocolate and Zucchini.
- 5 large red bell peppers, grilled or roasted
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted
- 2 teaspoons walnut or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Toast the walnuts and cumin seeds in a dry skillet until fragrant.
Combine all ingredients in your blender.
Serve with cucumber slices for dipping or pita triangles.
Posted on Wed, July 22, 2015
by Heidi Gilchrist